Petition to the King

This is where you can make suggestions or report bugs that you've found
Nexus Graveheart

Petition to the King

Post by Nexus Graveheart »

I am here today to petition the King of Britannia for the construction of two bridges in each facet of our great land. The moongate to Trinsic is outside of the south walls, which is a fine place. However, to get there, a traveler needs to traverse the sandstone streets through the city and exit on the southeast side, crossing a bridge and wandering up a beach and along some ridges.

Any traveler not wishing to enter the city but simply leave the road at the entrance to the city and make use of the moongate is out of luck, unless of course they wish to head into the dense jungle and make a rather long route around the rocky ridges which surround the Hidden Valley. Of course, mages can simply teleport themselves across, but not all of us Sosarians are learned in even the tiniest bit of magic.

After scouting the two rivers that enter under the city walls and thus prevent quick approach to the moongate, there seems to be more than enough room for the construction of bridges.

These two spots seem like prime positions, I am not, however a surveyor, so I am sure that the King's own surveyors will determine the finest and sturdiest locations. The southern river has a point that juts out into the river and would, seemingly, be an excellent place for the edge of one of the bridges.

I have a good amount of gold and large amounts of granite that I would be willing to donate if the petition is signed and construction began. I am also in communication with carpenters, masons, and blacksmiths who are willing to dedicate their skills to construction should their services be needed.

So, on behalf of my dear friend Jaelon, a healer based out of Trinsic, I thank you, and urge your gracious consideration on this matter. Thank you.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:5675, old post ID:35082
Death

Petition to the King

Post by Death »

According to the Royal Council of Britannia:

There has been a shortage of funding in Britannia due to the good king's absence in Sosaria. All gold kept by the royal treasury was advised to be monitored and handled with care as it may be needed in the event of a large scale catastrophe.

Although the Royal Council of Britannia cannot afford to build this many bridges at the current point in time, they have contributed as best they could in terms of funding and supplies.

As the mayor of Trinsic has received various complaints from villagers, warriors and merchants, a fund has been started and a collaboration has been made between the woodworkers of Yew, the Tinker's Guild of Trinsic and several mining organizations based outside of the city of Minoc.

From what we have been told, the start of construction has been delayed on these new bridges due to recent heavy rainstorms in the jungles of Trinsic. Construction is expected later this week.

The mayor and villagers of Trinsic are urging citizens to help by donating any granite, boards and gold they can to help in the construction of these bridges.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:5675, old post ID:35085
d.

Petition to the King

Post by d. »

Simple things like this is why Valor is awesome.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:5675, old post ID:35091
Nexus Graveheart

Petition to the King

Thanks to the crown and the various master craftsman guilds and citizens, construction began on the bridges earlier today. Tents have been erected and merchants gathered. Resources and tools are being arranged around the sites.

However, there are still many more resources that need to be gathered. The resources needed are gold, regular granite, shadow iron granite, regular boards, and oak boards.

The three stones along the bank will log the amount that the citizens of Sosaria donate. This particular site is the southern bridge in the Trammel facet, and there is another similar site on the north side of the northern bridge.

Currently, all of the granite has been supplied for the southern bridge, and the gold and boards are being gathered and donated steadily. However, there are three more bridges to build.

Once again, I must express my gratitude to the crown and the craftsmen who are making this public work possible. Thank you Sosaria.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:5675, old post ID:35158
Plas

Petition to the King

Post by Plas »

d. wrote:Simple things like this is why Valor is awesome.
QFT

I have missed this shard lol

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:5675, old post ID:35403
Plas

Petition to the King

Post by Plas »

I have discovered that while one of these has been finished the other is lacking. I am going to make it my mission to help get this public work finished.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:5675, old post ID:36921
Nexus Graveheart

Petition to the King

Yeah, I know the Trammel ones are completed, but I think the north bridge in Felucca is still not quite there. Right?

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:5675, old post ID:36930