Michele Bachman for President

Controversial topics such as politics, religion, news that turns controversial etc
Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

Do you think she has a chance?

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4019, old post ID:69988
manadren

Post by manadren »

No.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4019, old post ID:69991
manadren

Post by manadren »

Long answer: No.

She is a good example of the serious problems the republican party is facing right now. The simple fact is that the republicans should be a shoe-in for the next election, for the simple fact that the economy still sucks, and people tend to blame the sitting president regardless of if he is responsible for it or not. However, the tea party has pulled the republicans so far from the mainstream, that any candidate that can win the nomination is unlikely to be able to get enough votes to win the presidency. The republicans are not blind to this however, so they'll be pushing for a candidate that seems slightly less crazy, i.e. not Michele Bachman or Ron Paul.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4019, old post ID:69992
Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

manadren wrote: Long answer: No.

She is a good example of the serious problems the republican party is facing right now. The simple fact is that the republicans should be a shoe-in for the next election, for the simple fact that the economy still sucks, and people tend to blame the sitting president regardless of if he is responsible for it or not. However, the tea party has pulled the republicans so far from the mainstream, that any candidate that can win the nomination is unlikely to be able to get enough votes to win the presidency. The republicans are not blind to this however, so they'll be pushing for a candidate that seems slightly less crazy, i.e. not Michele Bachman or Ron Paul.
I agree. I don't consider myself a tea party person, so I can only hope that the "slightly less crazy" people can advance.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4019, old post ID:69994