Dexter

Discuss or show off various digital art creations including photos
Stasi

Dexter

Post by Stasi »

Anyone watch Dexter? I don't have cable, but some guys at work were talking about the series (it's on Showtime). I picked up the 1st season and it's actually pretty good. It's an interesting premise... serial killer who kills bad guys by night and works in crime scene forensics by day.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3905, old post ID:68590
manadren

Dexter

Post by manadren »

The first season was pretty good, but the second kinda made me lose interest in the series. It started off pretty well, and had some interesting elements to the story arc, but the way they ended it just pissed me off. It's like they wanted to end it with the second season, and someone came back at the last minute and said, "sorry guys we want more money". I've yet to see if they pull things around for the 3rd season.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3905, old post ID:68593
Stasi

Dexter

Post by Stasi »

***edit: kinda-sorta spoilers below in case anyone's watching the series but hasn't gotten this far.

I just finished watching the second season. I got really into it and watched the last six episodes back to back. I can see what you mean about the last minute change in the direction of the story, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was a last minute decision not to "end" it the way it was going.

However, I think the way it ended worked well. Looking back on Lila's character throughout the season, I can see some foreshadowing and that made the last couple of episodes believable - insofar as there wasn't anything particularly out-of-place, and nothing seemed particularly contrived.

As for Dexter changing his mind as to whether or not he'd turn himself in, <now I'm not usually corny and personally identify much with TV show characters> I understand his reflecting on both the state of peace that comes from preparing for something you wouldn't "normally" be okay with, and I understand his reflecting on his state of mind... his conversation with his sister about how differently she thought for a time when things got intense and his knowing that given a bit of time, he'd regret it if he went through with it.

But anyway, I really like the series. Dexter's character is likeable and understandable in his social awkwardness, introspectiveness, and his manner of channeling his defect in a "good" direction. I'm looking forward to watching season three.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3905, old post ID:68632