computer is screwed up

Computer builds, hardware and software discussion or troubleshooting, including peripherals. Essentially a general place to talk about desktop computers.
rovingcowboy

computer is screwed up

Post by rovingcowboy »

:cry:

Okay you guys know what is going on with this computer?
All reg hotkeys for seperate process and for desktop process, are set to 0, but all folder windows open in their own window they refuse to reuse the one window. I also just noticed the folder all my shortcuts are stored in is marked as a restricted zone in the status bar above the clock. And after looking at the properties of several shortcuts, all looked normal until i clicked the advanced tab on them all it says the shortcuts are to use a seperate process or memory, but the option is grayed out so i cant click on it and uncheck it, can any of you tell me what is going on.? And maybe how to fix it. Thanks. :banghead:

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:5540, old post ID:40253
roving cowboy/ keith
rovingcowboy

computer is screwed up

Post by rovingcowboy »

getting this back to normal a little at a time. some how i got the computer to stop crashing and locking up when i close all the folder windows. but it still opens them in their own window it won't reuse one window for all of them. and it still opens the explorer bar otherwise known as the directory tree, with each folder window.

still have the trouble with the shortcut's showing the grayed out option as checked, so i'm not sure how to get that working again,

i've always been logged in as the admin and i checked and the users i have, are all giving full admin rights so no advanced options should be grayed out?

cleaned this and that and got rid of some programs and tweaks and changed some tweaks but this is still not the way it was. no av scan's find anything wrong with it not even housecall, not even in safemode?

got my powercfg back it was messed up some in the reg.. so i got those hotkey's all fixed.

can't find any other messed up hotkey's so does anybody have any idea of what could be messed up. ? i know something is someplace but i'm not able to find it.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:5540, old post ID:40256
roving cowboy/ keith
rovingcowboy

computer is screwed up

Post by rovingcowboy »

Well done more to it as in restored back to aug 2012 reg. But still no luck reinstalled some tweaking removed other tweaking programs but nothing fixed it still not reusing the same window.
Or saving the settings,
:banghead:

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:5540, old post ID:40257
roving cowboy/ keith
rovingcowboy

computer is screwed up

Post by rovingcowboy »

:blink:

all this time and i did not notice this peice of information that might help fix this issue.

1. windows explorer opens up with the directory tree on the left.
2. when i close the directory tree and click on an shortcut to go to another folder, it will open in another window.
3. when i do not close the directory tree and click on a shortcut to go to another folder it uses the same window.

so what is going on with that and how do i get it to work as in number 3 and allow me to close the directory tree?

B)

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:5540, old post ID:40272
roving cowboy/ keith
rovingcowboy

computer is screwed up

Post by rovingcowboy »

:handintest: :cry:

well DuH

some more time of messing with it and i'll trash it. i've been able to do some repairs and some fix'es but the one issue with the foldeers opening when i use an icon with the directory tree to the left is still here.

takes a long time to fix things of programming when you are not a programmer and too old to learn easy.

but i've now found some more information that should tell any of you programmers just what is wrong and how to fix it so you can tell me.?

1 all the sortcuts icons are useing the context menu command to show the folders.
2. the folder right click context menu has Explore as the top command on it and not the OPEN command.
3. the computer when first set up always does the OPEN command. some how this Open command has been replaced as the top command on the folder context menu with the explore command.
4. how do i get the explore command off the folder right click menu.? :blink:

:dosgonebad:

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:5540, old post ID:40276
roving cowboy/ keith