AVG messed up

Computer builds, hardware and software discussion or troubleshooting, including peripherals. Essentially a general place to talk about desktop computers.
rovingcowboy

AVG messed up

Post by rovingcowboy »

okay not sure what messed up in it but it stopped in middle of download.
and now i can't get it to update anything it keeps stopping and telling me there is already a partial download in progress to finish that or remove it?

i can't find it anyplace to remove it, and it won't finish it i can't remove avg it says its still there even after all is said to be removed? i deleted the folder so i could get it removed for an re-install but it says its still in there?

i got one error allert that said wmi did not do something correct but i can't find what that would be either?

don't know what to use to clear this mess up i've got all normal and some not so normal cleaning programs but nothing will clean out this mess.

i seem to be the only one with this issue, i've asked others i know that use avg and they have no troubles like this at all.

does anyone here have any idea what is causing this? i've got another free av program so i'm not in need of an 3 seconds after this post instant fix. but i like avg and want to use it again so i would like to get this fixed sooner than later. B)

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:5533, old post ID:40223
roving cowboy/ keith
richardj

AVG messed up

Post by richardj »

Hi, there big fella! :P

It appears you have some corrupted registry enteries.

So, try a registry cleaner like http://www.eusing.com/free_registry_defrag...stry_defrag.htm Nd

or CCleaner http://www.evonsoft.com/crap-cleaner.htm. :dosgonebad:

Remember to reboot.

I like Avast much better. :awesome:

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:5533, old post ID:40224
rovingcowboy

AVG messed up

Post by rovingcowboy »

thought that also. so i ran auslogic's reg cleaner,
regscrubvistaxp cleaner, CCleaner, windows cleanup by steven gould.
jc power tools lite version. registry defragmentor, wise care 365,

i think one or two other programs but i ran them all seveal times and i just can't seem to clean out the error? it seems there is no place the error is listed at on this computer only shows up when trying to install avg. makes no sense to me why it does it, will try the one you said that i don't have maybe its a tougher bird then the ones i got.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:5533, old post ID:40225
roving cowboy/ keith
richardj

AVG messed up

Post by richardj »

Well, then, you're probably going to have to totally uninstall it and than reinstall it..

They make a 'total uninstaller' for it, because the normal uninstall usually leaves stuff there.

http://www.avg.com/us-en/utilities :handintest:

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:5533, old post ID:40226
rovingcowboy

AVG messed up

Post by rovingcowboy »

yep got that too it didn't work? only one i can find is for avg 2012 not 2013 which is what messed up, i got that ensuning one you said will install it and try again.

glad to see your still around, B)

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:5533, old post ID:40227
roving cowboy/ keith
rovingcowboy

AVG messed up

Post by rovingcowboy »

dang where do you get that link every one i tried to get only gave me 2012 remover im getting the new one from your link now hope they get it removed.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:5533, old post ID:40228
roving cowboy/ keith
rovingcowboy

AVG messed up

Post by rovingcowboy »

repaired it with the proper year remover tool. thanks for the link, i still can't figure out why all the links i have lead me to the last yr's tool?

but also the links i have don't go to any forum there anymore either i think they took the forum for the free version down.?

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:5533, old post ID:40229
roving cowboy/ keith