Site cleanup

Announcements about the forum or services itself
Red Squirrel

Site cleanup

Post by Red Squirrel »

I went around and did a lot of tidy up on the site. Removed stale links/features that are no longer being updated and so on. Also deleted quite a few of our affiliates as their sites were non existent.

I will probably go through them one by one at some point to ensure they are actually linking back to us as that is the whole point. If not they will be removed as well.

The Cybervillage is officially gone as well. It was started when I was new to php and everything was hard coded with zero expandability, and lot of code repeating. Brutal to support. I also found quite a bit of SQL injection vulnerabilities and it was just not worth fixing given this site is pretty much dead anyway.

Hopefully if I can get the time, I can write a bunch of articles and perhaps do a mass article release to try to get some traffic here. Since the last article there have been lot of hot topics such as virtualization which I could talk about.

I will continue to tidy things up as I find stuff that needs fixing. Overall I want to try to revive this site more. At one point we were doing good, then everything just went dead.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:5445, old post ID:40065
Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet Him!