Video/audio splitter?

Computer builds, hardware and software discussion or troubleshooting, including peripherals. Essentially a general place to talk about desktop computers.
Triple6_wild

Video/audio splitter?

Post by Triple6_wild »

Ive been using youtube to listen to mixed music and found some really good stuff. The individual songs don't sound anywhere nears as good. I can download the videos off youtube but I don't want the video just audio and because it's a mix I can't just go elsewhere to get it :( Can play the video's in my truck on my psp but that can land me a nasty ticket and takes up space on my card lol
I want some of this stuff in my truck :unsure:

Anyone know of a good program for separating the audio file from the video and converting to mp3? May also need to cut 10/20 sec off the audio also if there is an intro or whatever. Never had to edit audio before so I don't know what to use. :help:

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:5199, old post ID:39516

Wait what?
Red Squirrel

Video/audio splitter?

Post by Red Squirrel »

For youtube, the easiest way is something like audacity. Just hit record, and hit play on the video, and it will record the sound, including any other sound on your machine, so avoid doing stuff that will invoke windows sounds. you may have to set the record source to "stereo mix" or "whatuhear" or something to that effect. (varies) you can change this within audacity itself. It's a free program.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:5199, old post ID:39517
Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet Him!
rovingcowboy

Video/audio splitter?

Post by rovingcowboy »

i second audacity. but get the newest version it has better editing tools.

also remember that you need to import the audio each time you want to edit it if
you are doing more then one a day.

because opening a file with it will make audacity open a new instance of it each time it opens a new file.
so you would end up with as many of them open that you did editing of files.

it is an really intensive program so you need to follow all instructions on setting up the sound player's and the other settings. :o in other words don't just run setup and try to use it like wmp. :no no no:

but version 1.3 has a equalizer set up for editing that is very user friendly.
and a leveler feature that both compresses the peaks and rasies the volume.
and tons of other stuff that is fun to mess with.
:banana:

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:5199, old post ID:39518
roving cowboy/ keith
Triple6_wild

Video/audio splitter?

Post by Triple6_wild »

Grabbed 1.2.6 for now.

Got it working :awesome: Surprisingly simple to use and gets the job done thanks. Just gotta get the dll for exporting as mp3 B)

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:5199, old post ID:39524

Wait what?
Red Squirrel

Video/audio splitter?

Post by Red Squirrel »

Google for Dbpoweramp, the DLL is included with it. If it's not free anymore, PM me as I have an older installer on my server.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:5199, old post ID:39525
Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet Him!