Mozilla Suite outta date :(

Computer builds, hardware and software discussion or troubleshooting, including peripherals. Essentially a general place to talk about desktop computers.
Triple6_wild

Post by Triple6_wild »

Soo umm ya my Mozilla suite has served me well but its now getting declined by some sites do to its age so uhh can i update it or is there a newer version available?

I dislike firefox alone (I know same sh.. different pile) but ya what are my options here?

Update or newer version would be awsome but i dont think thats happening :cry:

Firefox2 i would lose allot of current features/bookmarks/saved names passwords etc that i have tho i could probably get all back but it would take hours that i dont have :(

Just hoping you guys know something i dont so i can get an acceptable solution so i can access sites with my current browser or install on top of this browser so i dont lose stuff lol

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:5061, old post ID:38892

Wait what?
Red Squirrel

Post by Red Squirrel »

afaik the mozilla suite was discontinued so they stopped updating it. it is too bad as it was nice though firefox 3 is pretty nice too, I'd give it a shot.

Or even Oera, think its fully free now.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:5061, old post ID:38893
Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet Him!
Triple6_wild

Post by Triple6_wild »

If i can install firefox without removing mozilla then i would go that road and just keep moving things over to firefox and adding plugins a little at a time till firefox has all my bookmarks and added features like thunderbird,IRC,html editor etc but if i have to remove mozilla to do so then it would have to be done in one sitting which i cant do cuz i dont have time.

But since suite is basicly firefox itself i think its gonna install overtop of it and i would lose here :(

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:5061, old post ID:38894

Wait what?
Red Squirrel

Post by Red Squirrel »

Actually think you can export all of that and firefox should be able to pick it up. At least the bookmarks anyway.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:5061, old post ID:38895
Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet Him!
Triple6_wild

Post by Triple6_wild »

Ya i think i remember doing that once before when i moved all my stuff onto this computer but it was only moved from suite to suite so it should be the same for suite to firefox.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:5061, old post ID:38896

Wait what?