big bang vs. creation

Controversial topics such as politics, religion, news that turns controversial etc
sweetness

big bang vs. creation

Post by sweetness »

lol, so he must be a supporter of Bush.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2955, old post ID:52887
Reaper

big bang vs. creation

Post by Reaper »

Stasi wrote:
flameofgod wrote: fair enough but just because the bible dones not undergo revision does not mean it is right or that it does not need revision. for instance all all the book in the bible were writtin down hundereds of years after the event and many things were lost in the traslation.
The Bible hasn't gone through revisions? The same Bible from back in the day is the same Bible all Christians all over the world use? I say unto thee, nay, for the Word of the Lord hath changed through the passage of time, with the appearance of new sects, and with changes in political climates. Evidently, the good word wasn't originally recorded as 'perfectly' as it should have been.
It hasn't had revisions in this way. It's been translated many times. The Bible itself hasn't had any additions.
And not every denomination has it's own Bible.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2955, old post ID:52925
Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience every time.
TheSpaceAgeDude

big bang vs. creation

Post by TheSpaceAgeDude »

I actually have changed my mind recently...I want to believe in the big bang creating the world and us, however I also want to believe there is a God and I am sure there is....well actually there may not be, its something to make us feel like we have a guardian who makes sure we are safe, but I know there is an afterlife, so whether there is a God or not, who knows.
I am agnostic.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2955, old post ID:57234
Image Image Image Run , Pig , Run , Here , I, Come ..
Reaper

big bang vs. creation

Post by Reaper »

TheSpaceAgeDude wrote: I actually have changed my mind recently...I want to believe in the big bang creating the world and us, however I also want to believe there is a God and I am sure there is....well actually there may not be, its something to make us feel like we have a guardian who makes sure we are safe, but I know there is an afterlife, so whether there is a God or not, who knows.
I am agnostic.
Well, contrary to what some say, you CAN believe in the "big bang" and God. I am an example of this.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2955, old post ID:57236
Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience every time.
TheSpaceAgeDude

big bang vs. creation

Ah....like...Big bang created us and jesus...and..then, jesus obviously was crucified and then is in heaven as the leader..
?Confused?
Mainly because I always get confused as whether God and Jesus are the same person..sorry, may sound stupid.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2955, old post ID:57239
Reaper

big bang vs. creation

Post by Reaper »

No, the Trinity (Father, Son, Holy Spirit) created us. Jesus (the Son) was not created from the big bang.
Yes, Christ is God and man at the same time.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2955, old post ID:57245
Clueless

big bang vs. creation

Post by Clueless »

life cant be made from nonliving objects though, how can the big bang have made the world and then somehow living cells popped up from the rocks?

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2955, old post ID:57251
"I don't have cat-like reflexes. Cats say they have Alex-like reflexes." - Alex
"I've never seen your ears. Do you even have ears?" - Robbie
"You threw away your friendship salami?!"
"My you're sexy when I'm drunk! And when im sober too!" - Gallagher
Reaper

big bang vs. creation

Post by Reaper »

Is God God?

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2955, old post ID:57253
TheSpaceAgeDude

big bang vs. creation

Reaper wrote: Is God God?
:blink: ::/ :huh: You just confused the pea that is my brain..

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2955, old post ID:57261
Stasi

big bang vs. creation

Post by Stasi »

Clueless wrote: life cant be made from nonliving objects though, how can the big bang have made the world and then somehow living cells popped up from the rocks?
Personal incredulity disproves nothing. By other such concepts as the human concept of time and existence, no being can exist without a starting point. Does that concept necessarily disprove the existence of God simply because you or I have an issue with it? While I find it conceptual feasible that life could start on its own through some amount of luck or chance, it doesn't mean that I don't believe that such a thing must necessarily disprove the existence of God. I think the central theme to Christianity, as with many other religions, is the timelessness of the soul. Does a tree have a soul? Does the amoeba or bacterium have a soul? The only aspect of life, I feel, that may essentially be created by some deity is higher cognition and intellect, and the soul of each being, which exists even after its human vessel dies.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2955, old post ID:57280
Red Squirrel

big bang vs. creation

Post by Red Squirrel »

One way to see if the big bang can happen is to take a glass jar, suck up all the air from it, and let it sit somewhere. See if something starts forming inside. Has to be 100% clean, sterilized, etc... not a single molecule should exist inside.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2955, old post ID:57281
Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet Him!
Stasi

big bang vs. creation

Post by Stasi »

Red Squirrel wrote: One way to see if the big bang can happen is to take a glass jar, suck up all the air from it, and let it sit somewhere.  See if something starts forming inside.  Has to be 100% clean, sterilized, etc... not a single molecule should exist inside.
Actually, I've read no version of the big bang theory that suggests the universe was created from nothing.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2955, old post ID:57282
flowergirlajg

big bang vs. creation

Post by flowergirlajg »

Well, maybe time is much longer for god, so he made the earth/made everything evolve in the time of the big bang. Lets say every second is a million years for god.
so seven days would be FOREVER to Him, so really...
We'll never know for shure though.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2955, old post ID:58696
[insert signature here ]
Clueless

big bang vs. creation

Post by Clueless »

iono, god was the one who created time. i think it would be more like every million years is like a second for him.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2955, old post ID:58711
"I don't have cat-like reflexes. Cats say they have Alex-like reflexes." - Alex
"I've never seen your ears. Do you even have ears?" - Robbie
"You threw away your friendship salami?!"
"My you're sexy when I'm drunk! And when im sober too!" - Gallagher
scherzo

big bang vs. creation

Post by scherzo »

i was under the impression there is no such thing as 'time'

i remember an experiment with mirrors, lights and a train, where the train would be moving down a track @ say 60 mph, the observer would hold the mirrors which were @ right angle to each other, they would turn on lights at the same time, observers outside the train seen the lights turn on at the same time, the observer with the mirrors however had seen one light then the other in the mirrors

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2955, old post ID:58714
Stasi

big bang vs. creation

Post by Stasi »

Time is just a measurement of existence. That it can be relative in some ways doesn't make it cease to exist as a measurement. I'm sure you look at the clock sometimes. I'm sure you have a concept of what an hour is. How can you say there's no such thing as time when aspects of your life are dictated by it?

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2955, old post ID:58728
flowergirlajg

big bang vs. creation

Post by flowergirlajg »

GOOD POINT.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2955, old post ID:59010
[insert signature here ]
Red Squirrel

big bang vs. creation

Post by Red Squirrel »

Any date before January 1, 1970 is non existant. Thats when time actually started. (unix epoch :P)

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2955, old post ID:59021
Alistair

big bang vs. creation

Post by Alistair »

Red Squirrel wrote: The big bang is a big joke.  I mean come on, the big bang?  Sounds like something a 8 year old made up.  The theory itself also goes against many physics laws, such as creating matter from nothing.  Only a super natural force such as God could possibly create something from nothing.
The big bang does NOT state that matter is created from nothing.
It states that matter was compressed to a single point, as a single atom.
From this the big bang took place, when that atom decomposed into many many many atoms of lesser atomic number.
(And no, this is not creating matter, fission bombs work the same by decomposing uranium atoms into lighter atoms).
The concept is simple.
Atoms are comprised of protons, neutrons, and electrons.
When they lose or gain these, ie, when a few of these leave the nucleus, they become different atoms.
Eg, 1 helium atom can decompose into 2 hydrogen atoms.

However, who's to say that God didn't cause the big-bang?

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2955, old post ID:60113

Stare into my eyes
Stasi

big bang vs. creation

Post by Stasi »

Alistair wrote:
Red Squirrel wrote: The big bang is a big joke.  I mean come on, the big bang?  Sounds like something a 8 year old made up.  The theory itself also goes against many physics laws, such as creating matter from nothing.  Only a super natural force such as God could possibly create something from nothing.
When they lose or gain these, ie, when a few of these leave the nucleus, they become different atoms.

The loss or gain of an electron doesn't change the type of matter the atom is.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2955, old post ID:60132
Red Squirrel

big bang vs. creation

Post by Red Squirrel »

Hmm actually thats an interesting tought, atoms are basically defined by the number of electrons, and number of "orbits" (probably wrong term - have not studied chemisty in ages :P). But guess shifting those completely would just make it an isotope. You can take molecules and change up the atoms to make them different molecules, but don't know if that can be done with atoms.

And here's a fun thought, the space between the electrons and the neutron is empty space, and think its like 90% of the atom, so most of it is empty space. So if you take an object and put it on top of another, at some point in time, if the electrons line up properly, the objects should sink into each other.

Mind bogling! :P

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2955, old post ID:60139
Stasi

big bang vs. creation

Post by Stasi »

Actually, changing the composition of the nucleus (protons and neutrons) does change the atom's type. Remember, the atom's number on the periodic table is how many protons it has, so add or subtract some, and you get a different element.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2955, old post ID:60140
Alistair

big bang vs. creation

Post by Alistair »

Stasi wrote:
Alistair wrote:

The loss or gain of an electron doesn't change the type of matter the atom is.
I should have been clearer.

Change in number of protons = Change in type of matter
Change in number of neutrons = Isotope
Change in number of electrons = Ion

What's interesting is that the atom that existed before the big bang must have had a super super super small half-life.
Think 10 to the minus power of a googleplex and it still wouldn't be close.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2955, old post ID:60142

Stare into my eyes