Newer client or newer client features

This is where you can make suggestions or report bugs that you've found
ggkthx

Post by ggkthx »

Would love to see a server/client update sometime if possible.

Played recently on another shard that is using the current UO client and the gameplay was a lot worse in terms of being like vanilla OSI vs the AoV server that we love. BUT, there was more people even though it was lame, because it's easy to jump on a server and play when the client is up to date and you don't have to download anything special, AND there was cool features that exist in the client that are unavailable here.

If just updating a client isn't possible maybe it would be possible to get some of those newer client features, but I think at that point it's easier to just try and get a newer client version.

Crafting and being able to create max or specify a number to craft is one thing that I miss off the top of my head. And vendors would pull from bank even if you were only spending 15gp. I'm sure the was some other good stuff that I'm not thinking of right now.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6702, old post ID:39043
I didn't choose the Fel life, the Fel life chose me.
Death

Post by Death »

There's a lot of useful additions with newer clients but it's a lot of work to bring clients up to date, especially with the uo communities dying out, less people are around to decode the packets and other changes. Red started looking at updating the clients awhile back but it was a lot of work at the time.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6702, old post ID:39073