Easter Event March 27, 2016 - April 15, 2016

Shard events
Death

Post by Death »

[size=18pt]The Easter egg hunt is about to begin![/size]

The event will run from March 27, 2016 to April 30, 2016. The event items will be removed on May 1, 2016

Head to the town of Yew by the Heartwood portal to see the Easter bunny, who has set up shop with numerous goodies. Collect his eggs around Trammel and turn them in for unique prizes of your choosing!

What are the prizes?

- Chocolate Easter Bunny

- Staff of Sparks (Easter themed fireworks launcher)

- Pigment Ticket (1 use)

- Easter Basket full of hot cross buns and shortbread cookies and a ham (skill deed) and lamb chop (power scroll)

- Random artifact deed (double click to get a random arty)

- Pet bonding deed (Instantly bonds a pet)

- Commemorative Easter Egg in exotic colors

- Squirrel's Acorn (Locked down in your home, summons a squirrel friend)

- Easter Bunny costume (turns you into a bunny with an exotic color)

- Springtime Robe (HPR3, Phys 5%, Cold 5%)

- Rebirth Talisman (SR2, HPR2, Luck 50, Cold 10%. Summons a pixie)

Are the eggs only found in Trammel?

- The eggs can be found anywhere on the main land mass as well as in towns. This is in Trammel only.

- The eggs WILL NOT spawn in dungeons, so do not waste time looking in any dungeons.

I've searched for hours and I haven't found a single egg

This can be due to many different scenarios. Here's a few tips:

- Hold down CTRL + SHIFT keys to pop up objects/items around you. If you notice a pop up that says 'smoke bomb' or has the word 'egg' in it, you may have possibly found an egg (Smoke bomb pops up initially as the Easter eggs use the same image. After a few seconds they will change names. Feel free to pick them up at any time though).

- Keep in mind that many other players are also searching for eggs. If you are searching in high traffic areas or in areas where players have already been, then the eggs may have already been collected.

- If you are in a dungeon or if you are in a facet other than Trammel, you will not find any Easter eggs.

How many eggs are spawned and when do they respawn?

There are 4 spawners, one for each type of Easter egg rarity. Currently, every 5 minutes an egg will respawn from each of the 4 types of eggs.

As for the total number of eggs spawned, there are well over 300 around Trammel. As the event starts to dwindle and approach the end, less eggs will start spawning around the world.

Also, as players collect the eggs, there will naturally be less laying about until a new one respawns. The spawners are periodically respawned to swap up the egg spots and to free any trapped eggs (See next point).

I found an egg but I can't grab it!

There are times when an egg will spawn in an unreachable location. You can try your best to find a way to reach the egg to grab it (Use teleport and CTRL + SHIFT). If you still cannot reach the egg, it's best to let it go and not waste any time trying to obtain it. There are plenty of other eggs around the world.

Spawners are periodically refreshed to reshuffle and respawn the eggs. If an egg was stuck, it will be moved to a different location. If the spawners were not refreshed, the eggs would still have decayed on the ground as part of the item decay process (Which is about 48 hours).

Staff will not move trapped eggs to a player's location. This is what the spawner refreshing process is for.

Can I trade eggs?

Yes. You are able to trade eggs to other players. If another player wishes to offer you something else for your eggs, then you are free to trade.

If an egg has been redeemed and converted into points, the points are bound to the player that brought the egg in. These points CANNOT be transferred to another player, however, you can redeem a reward which can then be transferred to another player.

Can we save eggs/points for next year?

The eggs are globally deleted after the event ends on April 15, 2016. The points accumulated towards the collection will remain. As this event is a yearly event, the points you accumulated will remain for next year.

Will the collection statue be removed on April 30th?

Although the event will end on April 30th, the collection statue will remain in Yew. You just will not be able to accumulate more points towards the collection, but you can redeem your points for prizes at any time during the year.

<hr>
We hope everyone enjoys this year's Easter event and has a safe and happy long weekend this spring!

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6642, old post ID:38768
Ixxie

Post by Ixxie »

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6642, old post ID:38770
Death

Post by Death »

This event has been extended to April 15th as the spawn timers needed to be primed and reset. Eggs weren't respawning because the next spawn date was so high in the future. I fixed it so now eggs should be spawning normally.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6642, old post ID:38778
Death

Post by Death »

The event has been extended until April 30th and will be shut off May 1st.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6642, old post ID:38800
Ixxie

Post by Ixxie »

Are the eggs broken? i've run EVERYWHERE and i haven't found one today :(

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6642, old post ID:38805
Death

Post by Death »

I've refreshed the spawners. Sometimes the eggs tend to be a little stubborn with their refresh.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6642, old post ID:38806
Ixxie

Post by Ixxie »

i think the spawners are broken again, Death came in and reset it but then i went and got them all and i haven't seen another one for over an hour :(

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6642, old post ID:38809
Ixxie

Post by Ixxie »

EEEEEEEEE I HAVE SQUIRRELSES EVERYWHEREEEEEEE

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6642, old post ID:38810
Death

Post by Death »

Ixxie wrote:i think the spawners are broken again, Death came in and reset it but then i went and got them all and i haven't seen another one for over an hour :(
The eggs were spawning correctly, probably just a bad stretch. Trammel's a pretty big land mass so eggs tend to be dispersed. If you cannot find any eggs, try switching around to different towns and checking in that area.

Also, remember the eggs only spawn on the Trammel facet and won't be found in dungeons.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6642, old post ID:38813
Death

Post by Death »

This event is now over and the Easter Eggs have stopped spawning for the year.

Please visit the central area in the town of Yew (In Trammel), to turn in your eggs and collect your rewards from the blue chest in the middle of the town.

The chest will remain indefinitely but you will not be able to obtain new eggs until next year!

We hope you all enjoyed this year's Easter event.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:6642, old post ID:38836