Easter Event: The Eggs of Wrath

Shard events
The Sosarian Standard

Post by The Sosarian Standard »

Dear citizens of Sosaria:

As the Easter Bunny, the wise and ancient member of the leporidae family, it is my duty to inform you of some, unfortunate events.

You see, it all started Christmas 2010. While I was enjoying a long rest in my burrow, several of my young apprentices decided to sneak out into the snowy ground to search for the mysterious "Santa Clause".

It may come as no surprise to you, that Santa and I are good friends....or so we used to be. Unfortunately the events that occurred last year has caused a strain in that relationship.

My apprentices found Santa Clause and all his presents and thought it would be a good idea to snatch his bag of gifts as a prank. Santa was less than amused at his gifts being stolen.

I was completely unaware of this event, until just the other day. As I descended down to Sosaria with my basket of prized eggs, Santa's sleigh swooped by and knocked me out of the sky. My best eggs were scattered around all the facets.

I glared up at Santa asking "WHAT GIVES?" and his response was quick and to the point "Ask your furry friends".

And so, when I returned to the burrow, I asked them why Santa would do such a thing. Among the guilty faces, one bunny pointed his tail in the direction of one of our escape routes. It was filled with Santa's stolen Christmas gifts.

So now I am fuming mad at my apprentices and have to hand out my Easter gifts ON TOP of delivering Santa's presents in order to make amends.

It's going to be a real scavenger hunt for those eggs this year, as they are my most prized colors: white and gold. I encourage you all to help bring these prized eggs back to me.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:5683, old post ID:35112
The Sosarian Standard

Post by The Sosarian Standard »

Easter Event:

April 20, 2011 - April 26, 2011 (Ends April 27)

Find the Easter Bunny and his Egg Statue somewhere in Sosaria. Some people in the towns may have seen him.

Collect the white and gold eggs he's lost and bring them back to his Egg Statue. Eggs can be found in all facets:

White Eggs = 1 Point
Gold Eggs = 5 Points

Watch the lifespan on those eggs! They are perishable!

Collect 10 Points and you will receive your Easter Basket, complete with new Easter Gifts and the stolen Christmas Gifts (Also all new).

For every 25 points, you will get a prize.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:5683, old post ID:35113
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

i Can see this not being a good idea to do wasted as i am now

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:5683, old post ID:35118
Incriminate

Post by Incriminate »

Any clues as to where the eggs are hidden?? That's the main reason I don't take part in the events, I mean, there's literally hundreds of hours of landscape to explore if you include all the dungeons, inside all the buildings and caves. I spent 3 hours looking for the slimes, and eventually gave up :S

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:5683, old post ID:35124
Incriminate

Post by Incriminate »

Ok, so I got 26 points, 2 golden, 16 white.
25 points gave me a random arty deed and 250k :D

I found all eggs in Ilsh, on the floor, if you run around pressing ctrl + shift they appear as smoke bombs, until your client gets chance to refresh them, when they become eggs.

Happy Hunting.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:5683, old post ID:35125
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

lol more eggs please

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:5683, old post ID:35126
Nexus Graveheart

Post by Nexus Graveheart »

The slimes weren't too difficult. Just run to major landmarks. If there wasn't one there, go to minor landmarks. Change facets, repeat.

For the eggs, Incriminate has the right idea, run around and press CTRL+Shift, and you'll see the item handle. They aren't difficult to find, just gotta have patience. I like the rewards also. Good to see some new graphics used.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:5683, old post ID:35127
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I am guessing despite the 250k you get u can only score GAoA's LAoA's Gtots Ltots from these deeds no doom or demitels?

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:5683, old post ID:35128
Death

Post by Death »

Drucilia wrote:I am guessing despite the 250k you get u can only score GAoA's LAoA's Gtots Ltots from these deeds no doom or demitels?
Doom artifacts yes. Demitel no.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:5683, old post ID:35129
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

hmmmmm I quit. 5 deeds and puss

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:5683, old post ID:35131
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

lol Whats the % chance of scoreing a doom arty.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:5683, old post ID:35132
Nexus Graveheart

Man, you are really addicted to Doom artifacts....

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:5683, old post ID:35139
Death

Post by Death »

Drucilia wrote:lol Whats the % chance of scoreing a doom arty.
Not really a determined % chance. There's a conditional scale that does a check for the drops. Basically it starts with one artifact category (treasures of tokuno, AOAs, paragon minor artifacts) and if it fails, it checks another category.

You are more likely to get something at the start, or mid range of the drop scale, mostly because it's checked first. Doom gauntlet artifacts are at the end of the scale so less likely to receive one.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:5683, old post ID:35140
Death

Post by Death »

Incriminate wrote:Any clues as to where the eggs are hidden?? That's the main reason I don't take part in the events, I mean, there's literally hundreds of hours of landscape to explore if you include all the dungeons, inside all the buildings and caves. I spent 3 hours looking for the slimes, and eventually gave up :S
The event is ongoing so you can just go ahead and collect eggs as you find them. Bring them in to the egg statue for safe keeping before they expire.

The eggs can be found on all facets, they are not spawning in dungeons, just on the world map.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:5683, old post ID:35143
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Not to mention collect thousands of deeds with a less then 1% chance of dropping an Item you could procure normally through gambleing lol

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:5683, old post ID:35150
Incriminate

Post by Incriminate »

Your kind of missing the fact that it's also the fastest way to make 250k..... almost no chance of dying and costing you insurance. And a coon spawn usually drops between 180-220k, although can be as much as 270k.

Takes around 30 mins to get the 25 points.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:5683, old post ID:35151
Nexus Graveheart

I prefer the basket over the gold and deed.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:5683, old post ID:35152
Death

Post by Death »

The idea of the event is to obtain the Easter basket and continue on if you want to test your luck at getting an artifact and if you need or want some gold.

This event runs for a week and eggs can be found in all facets. They are sparse because it only takes 25 points to get something.

I ran around with my gm to make sure they were spawning and I found 8 points worth of eggs in less than 5 minutes. This event requires you to explore so if you don't like running around and searching for eggs, then it's best to either do it at a casual pace (Grab eggs as you find them in your daily travels) or to not do it at all. Remember, this is a 'scavenger hunt'.

If you are trying to get something specific out of the event aside from the Easter basket, then sadly, you will likely be disappointed. If you don't like the rewards, then simply don't participate in the event.

The rewards that are given are justified based on the simplicity of the event and the time line this event is running. Negative comments about the rewards will not have an impact on changing them, they are as they are.

In conclusion, have fun with the Easter Event, don't revolve your life around it. There are unique Easter baskets you can enjoy and artifacts you can collect if you like.

For the casual player, you are free to enjoy the event at your own pace as only 10 eggs/points need to be collected to obtain your Easter and Christmas gifts.

For the hardcore player, you can keep collecting those eggs as you see fit. If you want more artifact deeds and gold, the world is your oyster. Remember that the artifacts are random so you may not get specifically what you want.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:5683, old post ID:35153
Incriminate

Post by Incriminate »

*Agrees with Death*

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:5683, old post ID:35154
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

you missed my point. But cheers anyway lol

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:5683, old post ID:35157
Death

Post by Death »

The egg statue has been extended to accept eggs for another week. This extension was to give a chance for players who may have been busy during Easter. You will only be able to collect your Easter basket with Christmas Gifts and Easter Gifts. You will no longer be able to collect artifact deeds and gold as a reward.

For players who have already collected your Easter basket, there is nothing else you can collect from the statues. If you have not yet collected your Easter basket, you have an opportunity to do so until May 4, 2011.

Archived topic from AOV, old topic ID:5683, old post ID:35218