Super hero movies

Discuss or show off various digital art creations including photos
Bookworm

Super hero movies

Post by Bookworm »

Which of the latest super hero movies have you seen? I saw The Avengers, but I don't know if I'll make it to Spiderman or to the new Batman movie. I might wait until they come out on DVD. It used to be that you had to wait a long time to be able to rent a particular movie, but the turn-around time is pretty quick these days.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4030, old post ID:70068
Cisco_Kid

Super hero movies

Post by Cisco_Kid »

The latest for me was Thor - that was a stinker that was hard to watch even with the Rifftrax audio track helping out.
Before that it was Captain America which was a good one for the genre.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4030, old post ID:70069
Started talking to yourself I see.
Yes, it was the only way I could be sure of an intelligent conversation

Blackadder
manadren

Super hero movies

Post by manadren »

I didn't mind thor, though it wasn't what you would call a great movie, would've pissed me off had I paid to see it in a theater. It was fun enough though for a rental.

Last superhero movie I saw was Avengers as well. I have to admit, I was a little disappointed. Some great visuals and good action sequences, but in the end it felt like just a long string of action sequences.

I haven't seen the new spiderman, and it's been getting mediocre reviews from what I hear. That I'm going to end up wait for netflix on. Some friends talked me into going to see the new Batman tomorrow though, we'll see how it turns out. The Christopher Nolan batman flicks have been pretty good so far. Actually all of the Christopher Nolan movies I've seen have been pretty good so far. I hope they leave Batman with this though. 3 is enough for a while and I'd like to see some more non-superhero Nolan fare.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4030, old post ID:70070
Raptomex

Super hero movies

Post by Raptomex »

The Dark Knight Rises. Excellent movie.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4030, old post ID:70082
manadren

Super hero movies

Post by manadren »

I have, since my last post, seen Dark Knight Rises as well. With rose colored glasses, I will say the first of the trilogy was probably the best, but it's been a while since I watched that. That said, the third entry lives up to the rest of the trilogy and is a pretty good movie in it's own right.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4030, old post ID:70083
fragged one

Super hero movies

Post by fragged one »

i really enjoyed the dark knight rises. not a "great" film, imho, but one that is very enjoyable.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4030, old post ID:70107
no u!