Kinect game system

Discuss or show off various digital art creations including photos
Bookworm

Kinect game system

Post by Bookworm »

Is this new Kinect game system going to be better than Wii?

Now all we need is a holodeck.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4002, old post ID:69842
manadren

Kinect game system

Post by manadren »

It's hard to say. It does seem to be this Christmas season's Wii (thanks to Oprah), but the Wii is still selling. That and I'm not seeing any standout titles with Kinect support, but Microsoft is a lot better with 3rd party support, so that could change quickly. The technology seems neat, but it looks like it's turning out to be far less accurate than people expected, and it doesn't seem to have much of anything for the hardcore gamers that much up a good vocal chunk of the xbox user base. I'm leaning towards fad at this point, but with the admission of potential if used correctly.

Full disclosure: I do not own an xbox360. I own a PS3 and Wii, and use my PC and PS3 the most for gaming.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4002, old post ID:69859
Red Squirrel

Kinect game system

Post by Red Squirrel »

What I'd love to see is a new wii with better graphics and more accuracy. If I buy a game system it will most likely be a wii though, but the playstation does seem attractive just because I can also use it as a bluray player.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4002, old post ID:69860
Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet Him!
Bookworm

Kinect game system

Post by Bookworm »

I don't really do any gaming at all. Unless you count playing Mafia Wars on Facebook, and I don't really count that.
We did buy a Playstation several years back because the kids wanted to play Dance Dance Revolution. That was the only game we bought with it. I tried playing DDR some since I need exercise, but I'm not coordinated enough to have any fun at that game.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4002, old post ID:69861
manadren

Kinect game system

Post by manadren »

Red Squirrel wrote: What I'd love to see is a new wii with better graphics and more accuracy.  If I buy a game system it will most likely be a wii though, but the playstation does seem attractive just because I can also use it as a bluray player.
The PS3 does work pretty well as a dvd player, with it's blue ray drive and dvd upscaling. It also has media server support so you can stream from your PC, the xbox360 has that as well though. I use mine more nowadays as a media player than a game system, but I've been doing a lot of PC gaming recently.

Though on that note, the Playstation Move is probably the closest you'll get to an HD Wii for a while. It has a similar remote
unchuck setup, but uses a glowing ball on the remote tracked by a camera instead of relying heavily on IR cameras and accelerometers. I haven't really heard much about the accuracy though, and of course there's a different library of games.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4002, old post ID:69867