Oil Spill

Controversial topics such as politics, religion, news that turns controversial etc
Bookworm

Oil Spill

Post by Bookworm »

Do you think BP will ever get that oil well corked?

Who should we blame? We've got to blame somebody.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3996, old post ID:69795
minime

Oil Spill

Post by minime »

Bookworm wrote: Do you think BP will ever get that oil well corked?

Who should we blame? We've got to blame somebody.

yea , if they stop standing around jacking dick , then maybe they can GET IT RIGHT

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3996, old post ID:69800
growing old is obligatory, but growing up is optional

22/m/nc born in pa

I try to take one day at a time -- but sometimes several days attack me at once.

You'll never find the answer in the bottom of an empty glass. So fill 'er up and keep looking!

An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with the a$$hole's he must come in contact with every day."
cash money over everything , money over bitche's

..................................................................................
manadren

Oil Spill

Post by manadren »

I tend to give a little slack on the corking and cleanup efforts because, mainly the problem is on a much larger scale than most people realize. It's just not an easy thing to do period. That said, a lack of leadership and organization seems to have been holding things back thus far.

As far as blame, there's really plenty to go around. Transocean was the one that fell asleep at the wheel so to speak. But they were working at the direction of BP. And both BP and the Government are responsible for the lax regulations that allowed it to get this far. No one knew this was going to happen. It was an extremely unlikely occurrence. But perhaps there could have been a few more safeguards that could have prevented this from happening.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3996, old post ID:69801
Red Squirrel

Oil Spill

Post by Red Squirrel »

I wonder if it would be easier to just burn it all, or would that be way too bad for the environment? What exactly do they do with all this oil anyway? Can they actually process it or do they need to somehow dispose of it?

I seen some pics, and it truely is a big mess, I feel sorry for the wildlife involved in this, it's really sad to see them all full of oil, trying to stay alive, some dead etc.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3996, old post ID:69802
Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet Him!
flowergirlajg

Oil Spill

Post by flowergirlajg »

I think it's ridiculous that they didn't have a back up plan.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3996, old post ID:69813
[insert signature here ]
Red Squirrel

Oil Spill

Post by Red Squirrel »

It's rediculous that they STILL did not figure out how to cap that pipe. Like really, this is really really poor planning.

On a more humorous note:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AAa0gd7ClM

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3996, old post ID:69814
Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet Him!