Musicals

Discuss or show off various digital art creations including photos
Bookworm

Musicals

Post by Bookworm »

What are your favorite musicals? My son has done some acting in high school and he is currently getting ready to perform in Suessical. He has also had parts in Les MIserables, The King and I, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, Into the Woods, and The Pirates of Penzance. I really like the older musicals like My Fair Lady, The Sound of Music, and Oklahoma.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3931, old post ID:68936
Chris Vogel

Musicals

Post by Chris Vogel »

Rent. I’m not really a big fan of musicals.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3931, old post ID:68942
manadren

Musicals

Post by manadren »

I generally despise musicals on principle, though I did kind of enjoy Sweeney Todd. But generally, I'm of the opinion that when you try to combine music and drama so completely like that, both aspects suffer. Either music has to take a backseat (film) or drama does (opera) in order to make a cohesive piece of art. But that's just me.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3931, old post ID:68946
flowergirlajg

Musicals

Post by flowergirlajg »

wooo!! SUESSICAL!
anyway, my favorite movie is Sweeney Todd.
I also enjoyed little shop of Horrors!
I enjoy musicals in general because of the feeling of BROADWAY! Thats the only way to describe it :]
Theres something really fun about musicals, something mysterious and entertaining about it.
Every time you see it, you get something new out of it!

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3931, old post ID:69027
[insert signature here ]
Bookworm

Musicals

Post by Bookworm »

The Food Court Musical

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3931, old post ID:69035
Thatblondeguy

Musicals

Post by Thatblondeguy »

as a wise (and quite strange) director of mine once told me, "Music ensues in a play when the situation becomes too dramatic for words"

... or something like that, he used different words but the point is that he was explaing that you need to build up to a song in a musical or just falls flat, and i agree haHA! :haha:

i quite enjoy sweeney todd, because his part fits perfectly in my range! the movie was good but a little ridiculous, a little less blood would have been nice, but for me that just makes it less gross because it doesnt look as real... i dont like gory movies *blech*

i am ecstatic about being in Suessical! The theatre program at my school is wonderful and i just know its going to be the perfect musical to end my high school career with:)

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3931, old post ID:69246
Cisco_Kid

Musicals

Post by Cisco_Kid »

My favourites are The Music Man & Singing in the Rain

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3931, old post ID:69943
Started talking to yourself I see.
Yes, it was the only way I could be sure of an intelligent conversation

Blackadder
ycontrol

Musicals

Post by ycontrol »

I'd probably say "Cry Baby" is the only one I like...I think.

Cry Baby

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3931, old post ID:70015
"Never be game over"
Bookworm

Musicals

Post by Bookworm »

Anyone seen the new Les Mis movie? I thought it was pretty good. I hear Into The Woods is going to be made into a movie.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3931, old post ID:70165
Shinizo

Musicals

Post by Shinizo »

I saw Les Mis. I took the girlfriend to see it on ... New Years Eve? Yeah. She wanted to see it really bad. I spent the rest of the week singing sentences to her like Russell Crowe.

EDIT: I realized I added nothing to the discussion. It wasn't a bad movie, but it had a lot of awkward moments. Maybe it's supposed to be like that.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3931, old post ID:70189
I have no GREAT FRIENDS or MEMORIES
Bookworm

Musicals

Post by Bookworm »

Shinizo wrote: I saw Les Mis. I took the girlfriend to see it on ... New Years Eve? Yeah. She wanted to see it really bad. I spent the rest of the week singing sentences to her like Russell Crowe.

EDIT: I realized I added nothing to the discussion. It wasn't a bad movie, but it had a lot of awkward moments. Maybe it's supposed to be like that.
What do you mean you added nothing to the discussion? You answered my question, something that I waited a full month for someone to do.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3931, old post ID:70191