Suicide- Cyberbullying.

Controversial topics such as politics, religion, news that turns controversial etc
flowergirlajg

Suicide- Cyberbullying.

Post by flowergirlajg »

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2007/1...ace.suicide.cnn

Please, this is not spam. I was on CNN and i found this... Let me know your feelings.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3424, old post ID:62800
[insert signature here ]
Red Squirrel

Suicide- Cyberbullying.

Post by Red Squirrel »

Yeah thats pretty bad, internet bullying is a reality and in fact is just as bad, if worse then irl bullying.

I actually remember being bullied online myself many many years ago, since I was a noob at computers, basically the whole computer forum members made fun of me.

Funny thing is, if I went there now I probably know more then all of them.

Suicide is never an answer, fighting back is. Girls do tend to be too emo about stuff like that though, like this one girl that was in my UO guild kept wanting to kill herself since her UO boyfriend started going out with this other girl.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3424, old post ID:62801
Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet Him!
Stasi

Suicide- Cyberbullying.

Post by Stasi »

Suicide can be an answer, albeit not a very good one usually, especially not when it's over some moron.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3424, old post ID:62802
Red Squirrel

Suicide- Cyberbullying.

Post by Red Squirrel »

haha yeah, can sure get the point accross :P

(I could have sworn I posted this earlier but it was not there. O_o)

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3424, old post ID:62803
Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet Him!
Stasi

Suicide- Cyberbullying.

Post by Stasi »

Meh, just read the story. What a shame....

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3424, old post ID:62804
flowergirlajg

Suicide- Cyberbullying.

Post by flowergirlajg »

Yeah, its so sad. I cried. :(

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3424, old post ID:62807
[insert signature here ]
Hermy11

Suicide- Cyberbullying.

Post by Hermy11 »

Don't need to read the story.

If you let words over the internet get to you, you probably should kill yourself for being that weak. I know it's human nature to react to that... But it's the internet, a place where anyone can be anyone.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3424, old post ID:64192
Chyse

Suicide- Cyberbullying.

Post by Chyse »

Hermy11 wrote: Don't need to read the story.

If you let words over the internet get to you, you probably should kill yourself for being that weak. I know it's human nature to react to that... But it's the internet, a place where anyone can be anyone.
Don't be ignorant. This kid was how old? like 13? And the fact that she's a girl makes it worse in most cases because like Red stated, girls tend to get a little more emo over that stuff. She's not weak. She's a hormonal teenage girl who needed people to love her in the first place. Her parents said she was bullied to begin with. Put yourself in her shoes. You're a girl and nobody likes you, or at least you think that anyways. And you hate yourself. Then you go on a website and this guy is talking to you and saying all these fantastic things about you. And he makes you feel pretty and good. Then all of a sudden he tells you you're worthless and should die. How would you react to that?
Not feeling hurt by something like that is inhuman. She's not weak, she just has feelings. Her problem was she took it too far and her mom could have handled the situation differently. She should have talked to somebody about her problem at school first.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3424, old post ID:64217
"Your neighbor was kind enough to let us rip him off and burn his furniture for no reason."-ATHF
"He said no, Err. With his foot." -ATHF
"Please, stop fueling my silent rage." -ATHF
Hermy11

Suicide- Cyberbullying.

Post by Hermy11 »

13? Yeah, that's a time when kids are pretty stupid (No offense to 13-year olds, but it's true).

I'm not one that gets all sad over death or whatever, a lot of people think I'm insane, and I think they're inane. :]

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3424, old post ID:64218
Stasi

Suicide- Cyberbullying.

Post by Stasi »

Insane? "Dissociated droid" is more like it.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3424, old post ID:64231
Hermy11

Suicide- Cyberbullying.

Post by Hermy11 »

I see you edited that post, I'm sure it was something much worse beforehand. Lol, every forum I go on people seem to disagree with me on everything. Oh well, that's probably why I enjoy it so much.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3424, old post ID:64239
Stasi

Suicide- Cyberbullying.

Post by Stasi »

Actually, I originally just wrote, "'Dissociated droid" is more like it." After I re-read it, I wasn't sure you'd know exactly what I was referring to from your post, so I explicitly stated the term.

***edit:

Though yes, I do have a tendancy when I'm in certain moods to put things more harshly or coldly than I mean to upon re-reading it, or reading it some time after the fact....

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3424, old post ID:64262
Hermy11

Suicide- Cyberbullying.

Post by Hermy11 »

Ha, whatever, I get it all the time on forums for the stuff I post.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3424, old post ID:64263
flowergirlajg

Suicide- Cyberbullying.

Post by flowergirlajg »

Well still, it really is terrible when a child dies. Especially as it was a suicide. Suicides at such a young age point towards other problems like child abuse or worse problems than just bullying. I expect there was a lot of loneliness and/or stress. It really is terrible.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3424, old post ID:68429
[insert signature here ]
Chyse

Suicide- Cyberbullying.

Post by Chyse »

We had an honest discussion in a class of mine. And we decided that suicide is just as bad as murder. Because in both you are taking the life of somebody that people love and care about. Most kids who are suicidal or who attempt suicide and fail, grow up and are very glad they didn't succeed. They may want to die at the time, but depression can cause insanity, or at least the inability to think clearly about certain things. Suicide is taking the life of somebody that wants to live and hurting all the people that care about that person.

So yeah...that was basically our discussion. Thought i'd share that with you.

Hermy, people disagree with you because your opinions are careless. They don't have even the smallest drop of compassion. Most people care about other people. It's something humans do.
I see you edited that post, I'm sure it was something much worse beforehand. Lol, every forum I go on people seem to disagree with me on everything. Oh well, that's probably why I enjoy it so much.
Also you accuse people of things they may have not done and make an ass of yourself.
you probably should kill yourself for being that weak
Wow. I'll remember that next time somebody you care about gets cancer or is in a serious accident. Kill the "weak." hmm...

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3424, old post ID:68455
"Your neighbor was kind enough to let us rip him off and burn his furniture for no reason."-ATHF
"He said no, Err. With his foot." -ATHF
"Please, stop fueling my silent rage." -ATHF
robonightmare

Suicide- Cyberbullying.

Post by robonightmare »

Stasi wrote: Actually, I originally just wrote, "'Dissociated droid" is more like it."  After I re-read it, I wasn't sure you'd know exactly what I was referring to from your post, so I explicitly stated the term.

***edit:

Though yes, I do have a tendancy when I'm in certain moods to put things more harshly or coldly than I mean to upon re-reading it, or reading it some time after the fact....
I have that same problem.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3424, old post ID:68646
This message has been brought to you by the American Stupid Signature Association of America (ASSAA)