Posts: 14 221
Member No.: 1
Joined: 18-December 02
I officially quit playing Evony as of today. It was just taking too much of my time, and it was not as fun anymore, it was more of a task.
So with that said, and no fear of being banned, I have released two of the tools I was using to help me.
The main one is EvonyFarm, the other is just a very quick one I threw together to demolish/build buildings.
Readme for EvonyFarm:
This app will assist you farming level 5 NPCs and keep track of ones you did in last 8 hours so it can send to others if available. If not it will resend if it's been over 1 hour so you at least get some resources, and train heroes. There is a bit of randomization built in to make it harder to track.
Note: This is based on physical location of various items on the screen. Consistency in your browser's placement is very important.
- In the conf folder, open farmcoords.txt. Enter all your level 5 coords in the format:
With last one followed by a single return. The 0 can technically be any number. The location of the NPCs does not really matter, but obviously you want them near your cities.
- Have Evony opened in a position that you normally play Ex: full screen on your main monitor, with other tabs opened in the browser (tabs can change the screen around depending on browser)
- Open the app. You will be prompted for number of towns. Enter TOTAL number of towns (even if you wont farm from all)
- Choose a name for a calibration profile, profiles are if you play from various computers, each PC should have it's own profile as screen locations may differ based on resolution, installed toolbars etc...
- Enter speed, you can experiment with different speeds based on your internet connection / pc speed.
- enter max distance in miles. 1 tile is 1 mile.
- Choose no for debug
- Now you will be prompted for various locations of the screen starting with town slots (squares under your picture). This is to calibrate the app. It is best done if you have dual monitors. For stuff that requires you to click in Evony, make sure to click back in the console window so it regains focus for when you press enter.
- once the calibration is complete you will now be prompted to enter information for each town. If you originally said you had 2 towns then it will ask you the same info twice (for both).
- There is also a calibration that needs to be done for the rally spot location on a per town and per calibration profile bassis.
- The coords you enter are important as they are used to determine the closest level 5 NPC that has not yet been farmed. Ensure to follow proper format.
- The default number of farming waves is basically the max you are able to send. In a full farming town this will normally be 9 if rally spot and feasting hall is level 10. If you are just starting out and don't have all your ballistas and transporters made, then this number may need to be lower. You can come back to change it.
- Then you will be ask for number of slots taken. Ex: if you are already marching, then enter 1. The system automaticly deducts this when sending farming waves.
- Once this process is done, you will be asked for a delay start, then prompted to hit any key. At this point, you cannot move your mouse or do anything with your computer. For best results, setup a dedicated Evony virtual machine and run it within there.
At this point, normal operation of the program will be faster. You will simply be prompted to enter number of towns, which will most likely not change often, then enter the town name for the first town slot, the info for said town (slots taken, whether or not you want to make changes) and so on. Keep in mind that town slot order tends to randomly switch around, so you want to ensure you type the town names in the proper order.
Once you get a feel for how long your first farming wave takes, you can then start using delay start, so you can basically send two full farming wave groups without having to go back. This is great to do before leaving for work in the morning, then at lunch you can do the same thing.
Notice: Keep in mind that while this program has certain randomization built in to prevent bot detection, it is not 100% fool proof, and I'm sure they can still detect if for example, they see all you do is farm 24/7. Do not overdo it. This is more meant as an aid tool to avoid the long and tedious process of doing it by hand, and trying to remember which NPCs you did already.
Lastly, this program is provided "As is" and is not actively being worked on as I have quit Evony due to lack of time and commitment. I will most likely not make any changes to this app anymore. You may feel free to report bugs, but not guarantee I will fix them unless it's something very simple I can do without needing to test in game.
I have attached it in this post and it is provided "as is" and not really supported. I'm not trying to make money or anything off this but I'm sure I could if I really wanted to but it is free. All I ask is that you be active on the forum and not just sign up to download and never be seen again. Who knows, you might be able to even talk me into adding a new feature or something.
Attached File ( Number of downloads: 700 )